Obama is President today - that's what prompted this post... Along with the fact that I have been trying my damnedest to do just that: Think Positive.
It's hokey. It's cliche. It's so not me. That's the thing though, it is these days. This goal is one that I've officially been following through with for 20 days. It has made a difference. Really it has.
I actually like my job - genuinely like it. It's been so long since I've been able to say that that I was caught off guard by it when I actually started to enjoy it. Things in the department have changed, and they are allowing me to use my degree and to go out and network. They actually value me and my input. I won a President's Award at our annual conference a couple weeks ago, which was a huge boost. It's a big deal award and not many people are honored with them, so I must be doing something right!
Also along with this thinking positive business I've been eating better and trying to be more healthy. These are part of the being positive. I only have one body and I need to treat it well and keep it how I want it. Turns out - I want it to be about 30 pounds skinnier, but this is unrealistic and possibly retarded, so I'll aim for 15 pounds so I can fit into jeans I haven't worn in 2 years. So far I'm down 4 since 12/30/2008. The Wii Fit was the greatest invention ever. Rediculously accurate scale that mocks you when you gain and praises you when you lose... great motivation. Being mocked by the TV is about as low as it gets. So that's going well
There will be more to come, and hopefully some pictures in the near future.
Much love!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment